Zelden zag je zulke mooie én lekkere gerechten als die van Linda Lomelino. Met haar populaire blog callmecupcake.se veroverde ze de online bakwereld. Ogenstrelend en om je vingers bij af te likken. Haar foto’s zijn net schilderijtjes, je blijft er naar kijken. Voor haar laatste blog met heerlijk recept voor chocolate-chip pancakes gebruikte ze almond en hazelnut linnen van By Mölle. Ze schreef er dit over:
This weekend has been all about work, but yesterday I had some free time to actually prepare a good, hearty breakfast which we had in bed. Mozart decided to join us too, as he always does. Especially when there are pancakes. Pancakes are his favorite thing in the world, except maybe bacon and cheese, but unfortunately he didn’t get to taste these ones as they had chocolate in them. I bet he’d love some bacon/cheese pancakes! Hmm, possibly for his birthday.
And guys, seriously, this bedding from By Mölle. I must say this is the most beautiful bed linen I’ve ever seen, and the most comfortable too. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever slept more comfortably. Mozart completely agrees, and he’s quite picky. They also come in the most beautiful range of muted colors, I decided to go for almond for the duvet and hazelnut for the cushions, and an almond linen throw. I’ve had grey bedding for a while and I must say these give a warmth to the room, it’s way more inviting now.
As for these pancakes, they’re definitely perfect for an indulgent Saturday breakfast!
Ingredients - serves 1/2
- 100 g (1 cup) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 75-100 ml (5-7 tbsp.) water or milk of choice
- 30 g dark chocolate, chopped
- salted butter, for frying
- maple syrup, to serve
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda and salt. Add honey, egg and egg white and stir until smooth.
- Add water or milk to the batter until consistency becomes a bit more runny, but still thick (you might need to add a little bit more to the bowl while you’re frying as the batter thickens). Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Grease with butter. Ladle a little less than 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake into the skillet and cook over medium-low heat for about two minutes, then flip the pancake and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup.
Recept en fotografie: Linda Lomelino