Indulge with the delicious recipes of Linda Lomelino, photographer and author of Call me Cup Cake. We love her work and slow food recipes. How about these gluten-free chocolate-chip pancakes for breakfast this weekend. You've had pancakes before...but never like this. Perfect for this long weekend!
Gluten free chocolate-chip pancakes
Ingredients - serves 1/2
- 100 g (1 cup) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 75-100 ml (5-7 tbsp.) water or milk of choice
- 30 g dark chocolate, chopped
- salted butter, for frying
- maple syrup, to serve
how to make them
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda and salt. Add honey, egg and egg white and stir until smooth.
- Add water or milk to the batter until consistency becomes a bit more runny, but still thick (you might need to add a little bit more to the bowl while you’re frying as the batter thickens). Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Heat a frying pan on medium-high heat. Grease with butter. Ladle a little less than 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake into the skillet and cook over medium-low heat for about two minutes, then flip the pancake and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup.
Recipe and images with By Mölle linen by Linda Lomelino
"And guys, seriously, this bedding from By Mölle. I must say this is the most beautiful bed linen I’ve ever seen, and the most comfortable too. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever slept more comfortably. They also come in the most beautiful range of muted colors." Linda Lomelino
More delicious breakfast in bed inspiration by Linda Lomelino