When it comes to choosing curtains for your home, there are many options to consider. From different fabrics to various colors and patterns, the choices can be overwhelming. One option that stands out for its many benefits is pure linen curtains. Linen curtains create a warm and natural look in your home, making them attractive in every room, from the living room to the bedroom, kitchen and hallway. In addition, linen curtains are very versatile and can be effortlessly combined with different interior styles. However, it is interesting to know that linen curtains are also the most durable option you can choose, making them a valuable and responsible choice. In this blog, we'll explore some of the advantages of choosing linen curtains for your home.
Linen has been one of the most beautiful and exclusive fabrics in the world since ancient times. The fabric has a natural shine and strength. In ancient civilizations, linen was a sacred symbol of beauty, light and purity. Linen was also legal tender at the time, and Egyptian clothing was almost always made of linen. Depending on the social class, the fineness of the fabric varied. The finest quality woven linen was sometimes almost transparent.
pure & natural
Linen has a small ecological footprint. The environmental impact of making linen is low. The flax plant is a crop that is harvested after 100 days and then completely processed into linen. Flax absorbs a lot of CO2 and does not need fertilizers and pesticides. The whole plant is used. The linseed for oil, food and cosmetics and oil, the fibers for linen fabrics, rope and paper. The rest is for animal feed because it is very high in protein. Zero-waste par excellence. The flax plant needs little water. In fact, rainwater alone is enough to grow flax. The flax plant also does not like pesticides, weed killers or chemical fertilizers. This makes linen of high quality and free of nasty chemicals and pesticides. By Mölle linen curtains are of the highest quality because the fabric is traditionally woven from the finest flax that grows on the European coast. Flax is an annual plant that grows to a height of about 1 meter. Flax usually blooms in June and July. The color of the flowers can vary from light blue to dark purple and bees and other insects like to come to them. After flowering, the flax is harvested for the fiber in the stems, which are used to make linen.What are the other benefits of pure linen curtains?
Linen is a luxurious fabric with many unique ecological properties and only becomes more beautiful and softer with use. Linen fabrics naturally have a beautiful sheen and give your home a natural look.
1. Linen curtains are 100% natural, environmentally friendly and contain no plastic particles, it is a natural product.
2. Linen curtains have a long service life. Linen is a very strong natural fiber and is durable and timeless. Linen curtains can last for years without showing signs of wear. You will enjoy it for a long time.
3. Linen curtains are light and breathable. The fabric has an open, woven structure and allows air to pass through. Pure linen fabrics also have temperature-regulating properties. That is why linen feels cool in summer and warm in winter.
4. Linen is hypoallergenic and antibacterial. Linen can withstand moisture and is therefore very suitable for people who are allergic. Tests show that dust mites, bacteria and mold do not thrive on linen fabric.
5. Practical. Linen is stronger than cotton. So you enjoy it much longer. The more linen is washed, the softer and more comfortable the fabric feels. Also, linen fabric does not attract dirt and dust, but even repels dust. Very useful when it comes to curtains.
6. And perhaps the most important reason: linen is healthy, because the production of linen does not require pesticides and chemicals. Linen curtains are therefore healthy for all of us, but an extra recommendation for children's rooms of babies, toddlers and preschoolers.
By Mölle linen is traditionally woven in Europe and sewn by hand in our studio in Dalfsen. Certified linen, respect for nature, animals and people. Flax is a typical European plant and has been grown here for textiles for 5000 years. Flax linen from Europe is considered the best in the world. The best quality flax grows in the coastal areas of Western Europe. The process from flax plant to linen is an environmentally friendly process. The traditional craft from harvesting to spinning and weaving is still done according to ancient methods. Linen is more expensive because the production process is very labor intensive and takes more time and work than other textiles. The fiber of linen is thicker and often longer than the cotton fiber. This makes the fabric strong and durable. To make maximum use of the fiber, flax is pulled out of the ground with stem and root. Before weaving, the yarns are checked for quality. And also after weaving, every meter of fabric is carefully checked with the utmost accuracy and patience.
In short, linen curtains are beautiful for a natural atmosphere in your home, but also very practical and durable. Do you want more information? View all information about our linen curtains here. Or contact us for free personal styling advice and linen curtain samples. We are happy to think along with you and can help you with measuring the curtains or an all-in service where we come and assemble your linen curtains, blinds or shades.