Buitenplaats de Horte is one of the most beautiful spots in Vechtdal Overijssel. Close to Zwolle near the river Vecht. You can still feel the rich history of the estate and its owners. A hidden paradise where you find silence, space and time to enjoy slow living. Between the century-old trees you will find 't Witte Huis, a historical house from the early 19th century. It used to be the poolhouse of the landlord, and we renovated it as a fine country home. With natural materials, pure and eco-friendly. 't Witte Huis has lots of character and comes with everything for a relaxed stay for two.
’t Witte Huis is a one floor home with a compact kitchen area and spacious living. You will sleep under fine By Mölle bedlinen and the eco mattress, duvets and pillow cases are 100% natural, made from biological wool and organic cotton. 't Witte Huis has a private garden with a large wooden outdoor table, nice seating and barbecue. From the garden you walk into the forest and you can enjoy the estate with its own orchard and historic vineyard.
- Kitchen with dishwasher, water cooker and coffee maker
- Electrical stove
- Bathroom with shower and toilet
- Dining table with 4 chairs
- 2 comfortable seats
- Wood burner, electric heating, fridge
- Spacious garden with terrace and bbq area
- €300 for a weekend of 3 nights (Friday until Monday)
- €400 for a midweek of 4 nights (Monday until Friday)
- €595 for a week of 7 nights (Friday until Friday or Monday until Monday)
- Bedlinen and final cleaning costs € 60 per stay
- No charge for baby’s up to 2 year. Please bring your own cod and bedlinen
- One pet allowed
What is included in the price?
- 2 bikes for you to use free of charge
- Wood for the woodburner
- Electricity, gas and water
- Bedlinen and tea towels
Arrival after 4 pm, Departure before 10 am.
Nature and environment
What makes this place so special is that the estate is still complete. In the archives it first appeared in 1391. The Overijssel Vechtdal is a beautiful region. In 't Witte Huis you will find more information and maps of the area. There are two bicycles in the barn. As you will discover Buitenplaats de Horte has a rich history and even its own vineyard and orchard. Two marked hiking trails have been set out of 3.5 kilometers (yellow route) and 5.5 kilometers (red route). Many animals live on the estate, including the otter, badger, ermine and the kingfisher. Daisy and cornflower bloom in the grasslands. Roaches, tench and pike live in the water. And of course the grass snake. With luck you can see him swimming through the canal.
With your stay at ’t Witte Huis we help Landschap Overijssel to protect nature and national heritage in Overijssel, so we can all enjoy it.
Fotografie: Landschap Overijssel | Mark Zekhuis